Hmmmm....how strange. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
I have 2 American Girl dolls with no tags. Were they ever made this way? Its possible that the tags were ripped off, but it doesn't look like it. Thanks!
yes only the new Mattel dolls have tags <ick>! My Kirsten, Sam, Addy and Lissie do NOT have "tummy tags". Only Kaya and I hate it and was considering taking it off. It makes her too much like a doll and less like a person
Thats strange because my Felicity doll has a tag that reads "Made in Germany for Pleasant Company 1986". She wasn't introduced until 1991...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The body style and face molds were determined before Felicity was introduced, so that date could refer to the copyright date and not an actual manfacturing date. Maybe?Originally posted by NurseSarahRN:
Thats strange because my Felicity doll has a tag that reads "Made in Germany for Pleasant Company 1986". She wasn't introduced until 1991...
My Molly is tag less. My others all have them. I
always wondered why she did not.
Kelly
What do yall mean as in "Tags"
The tags are those little flaps of paper that say "Pleasant Company". Some of the dolls have them on the side of their stomachs, others have none at all.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine is too! The rest of them have tags. I have Molly, Kit, Josefina, Kirston, and Felicity. And Molly is the only one without the tag! [img]confused.gif[/img]My Molly is tag less
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I read one time (I wish I could remember where [img]redface.gif[/img] ) that PC had the body pattern make and copyrighted in 1986 and was putting that date on all their early dolls as the copyright date. The Felicity we now have has a "Made in Germany" body tag with the 1986 copyright date, but by the time we got Felicity for Judy in November 1993, body tags were no longer being attached. (We had to get the "new" Felicity because Judy's puppy chewed off her first un-tagged doll's arm [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] )Originally posted by NurseSarahRN:
Thats strange because my Felicity doll has a tag that reads "Made in Germany for Pleasant Company 1986". She wasn't introduced until 1991...
So sometime between 1991 when Felicity first came out and 1993, PC stopped attaching the tags to the doll bodies. As for dolls having tags on now, my AGoT 21 is my most recent (Christmas last year) and she has no tag attached. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
<font color="#020176" size="1">[ August 19, 2003 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>
Bookmarks